Will finish shooting very soon on Mortus Illumina!
Just throwing these out into the ether to see what people think...
Feel free to add your own too...
? Are there actually any questions relating to 'guerilla film-making' that are left to ask? Are there only a finite number of questions relating to this and is that why there are so many 'best of' lists floating around - because all the questions have now been answered.
Which leads to...
? How about having a permanent thread that stays at the top of the page titled 'Who are you?' or someting similar. This would be where each member could add a brief description of themselves, likes, dislikes, favourite films etc - then anyone new can simply add themselves to the list. This would then (hopefully) elimenate the need for 'Favourite films etc etc etc' threads to appear every other week. Is this something Nigel could arrange?
? How can we get some interesting topics going?
? When will Chance finish 'Mortis Illumina'?
? What has become of the once prolific poster Belovedmonster? Despin's got a little quiet recently too...
? And I still don't get the obsession with zombies thing... [img]wink.gif[/img]
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 21, 2004 10:08 AM: Message edited by: Justin M. ]</font>
Will finish shooting very soon on Mortus Illumina!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, I agree. You can add 'Stickys' which permanentely stay at the top of the forum. This would keep the forum less cluttered with repeated (boring) topics.How about having a permanent thread that stays at the top of the page titled 'Who are you?' or someting similar. This would be where each member could add a brief description of themselves, likes, dislikes, favourite films etc - then anyone new can simply add themselves to the list.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, I'm worried too, he should be home by now!!! [img]wink.gif[/img]What has become of the once prolific poster Belovedmonster?
If you guys want stickies I will make some. How about three......What should they be??
Good Luck
Well, for one...........It is my opinion that there are more people here that care about watching movies than actually making them. This is the root problem. The other thing is that people respond to the "Best of" threads. To combat them don't answer.
Start to post questions that seem to be relevant to filmmaking. The last one I posted I never really got a decent answer because the responders started a battle back and forth.
Good Luck
Nigel,
The last question I posted was bout DVCam formatted MiniDV Tapes, and I only got 1 reply (Thanks Andyblaa)... Ppl now seem more obsessed with slagging each other off than making films, like you said. Basically, I need a crew, cast, ect, but I come on here now to see what ppl are upto in an entertainment sense. I don't use this board for filmmaking much anymore!
Anyone know how to transfer DVCam formatted MiniDV Tapes to MINIDV formatted MINIDV Tapes BTW?
Hey Rich,
The reason you only recieved the one reply is because Andy is right.
You can only watch DVCAM formatted tapes on DVCAM machines.
All professional Sony Mini DV decks playback both DV and DVCAM tapes, for the majority of other VTR companies (Panasonic, JVC) you will need a DVCAM deck. The deck will look like it takes long, thin, DVCAM tapes but they also play MINI DV size tapes formatted in both DV and DVCAM.
To avoid this problem in the future make sure you're using a MINI DV camera that allows you to choose between formats. I believe that the Sony PD 100, 150 and above do this. On the other hand, Canon MINI DV cameras (GL) only support DV.
I've had this problem in the past and rented or begged and borrowed. Unfortunately, no other solution.
Cheers.
the 'who are you' sounds nice.
A 'camera' topic perhaps, which covers camera equipment.
A 'mice' topic?
Or the 'help me with editting' topic?
Another sticky thread might be something like a "My Studio" thread where people list equipment, hardware, software, etc. that they use. I'm always interested in seeing what others are using for editing, mastering, dvd authoring, and such.
There is a lot of talk here and, judging by the few links to online finished films, not an awful lot of action.
But thats OK, makes it a fun place to visit.
Besides, things take time.
Good questions seem to come in waves, between the piss poor pointless lists.
It seems to have picked up a little lately
You want interesting topics? Post one, or answer one. The only way to keep crap topics away is not to respond, and they rapidly disapear off the bottom.
Trouble is there are so many aspects to filmmaking, topics tend to get posted in a flurry, and there are often too many, not all of which you care about. C'est la vie. C'est la nature of notice boards.
I think Chance is probably mental enough to finish Mortus Illumina by Halloween (2010??) ;-)
Zombies are the lifeblood of lowbudget-farting-around-with-your-mates-video-movies. Look what happened to Pete Jackson!
Bookmarks